Continuing Education Credit (CEC)
PBAA Partners with the West Texas Food Bank
What is a Continuing Education Credit (CEC)?
A CEC is one hour of continuing education with meals and breaks excluded. All CECs required for the renewal period must be earned from the previous year. CECs submitted for your credential renewal may date back no more than 12-months before your credential renewal date.
Continuing education credits are needed for all NAAEI credentials that require annual renewal and are required to maintain AIME membership. This includes CAM, NALP, CAPS, CAS and AIME. If you are unsure of the number of credits you need, check on your renewal invoice. Please submit the entire number of CECs required in one submission to ensure that your CECs are recorded accurately.
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) - 8 CECs annually (5 CECs from In-Network Sources)
- Certified Apartment Leasing Professional (CALP) - 5 CECs annually (3 CECs from In-Network Sources)
- Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS) - 8 CECs annually (5 CECs from In-Network Sources)
- Certified Apartment Supervisor (CAS) - 5 CECs annually (3 CECs from In-Network Sources)
- Apartment Industry Maintenance Excellence (AIME) - 5 CECs annually (3 CECs from In-Network Sources)
Individuals who hold multiple NAAEI credentials may use the same CECs for the renewal of all credentials and AIME. For example, if you have a CAM and NALP credential, you would owe 6 CECs annually. The total number of CECs that you must report is indicated on your invoice.